Sorry for the lack of updates. I took a few weeks off from social media because i needed a bit of a break and concentrate on a few things i needed to do around the house and garden and spend some time with family.
Well i was about to make a post announcing that we have made it past the donation total. But the past couple of days i’ve been dealing with Paypal. We reached the total on Tuesday, actually going £5 over. But then i got multiple emails informing me that they had received 5 , in total, charge backs from people who had donated , not through the money pool, but through the wordpress link in US dollars. It seemed strange to me that i would get these all on the same day. When looking through my account i could see they were all supposedly from all different people. But each email they donated using ended in .de and these 5 donations all happened within a few days of each other. Now that is suspicious. But sadly there is nothing i can do about this as Paypal are backing the people who asked for their money back. Thankfully this can’t happen through the money pool donations. So i will be disabling the donation links on the wordpress site and any future donations will only be taken through the money pool option. Luckily this time it wasn’t a credit card charge back so i didn’t end up losing much more money that they originally donated ( even though they used todays exchange rate instead of the better exchange rate when they first donated) . But it still has left me £346 away from the drive total. So close , yet so far.
So this is the only link to make a donation to now:
Anyway, on to some better news. The first 20 minutes of video for ANH:R HD, up to the Leia Hologram scene in Luke’s garage, is 100% completed. That’s over 150 shots finished just for that section. But thats not the total number i have completed for the movie as i don’t do things in order. It’s over double that so far in total. I have tried to keep it as close to the original DVD version as possible, but as you can understand, it’s not going to be 100% faithful without having all the original project files etc. There are a few extra fixes that i have been able to do that i wasn’t able to do originally and a few minor changes FX wise ( mattes etc).
I’ll post some pics in the next few days